America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Harder than it looks


I did this entire ride in the big ring- forgot to hit the start button for the first 3 miles.. Also kind of upset that a driver who was behind me at a dark intersection rolled down his window and yelled "You are an asssss-hooooole". I was on the left anticipating my left turn long before he ever reached me, so what's the problem? I reached the intersection first and did not delay him. What is it about a bicyclist who's just making his way home, minding his own business on the side of the road in the pitch black darkness, with reflective back pack, blinky and headlight, that brings out the worst in people? This was a new route for me. Kind of challenging. Basically it followed Park Ave (Route 12) out towards the reservoir, all the way to the end. That's about 1/2 of the ride. Then where 94/14/102 split, bear left and follow 102/14. Another few miles up, bear right on 14, then a few miles later, follow signs for 117 East. Take to Sandy Bottom Rd in Coventry- turn right and go to Division Road a few miles up. Left on Division Road takes me straight across route 2 and to Main Street in East Greenwich, which I now call home. Got home about 9. It was dark! If not for the 'Auto-on' being disabled on my Polar, I would surely have cracked 20 mph, which of course, is a requirement for any ride.
Still no sign of my Powertap- lost it at the Concord Crit.. Damn. I could use a little do-re-me for a replacemtn head unit, so if you are looking for a new bike for your 2-5 year old or looking for a few wool base layers for the fall/winter, please go buy some of my stuff: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/WeeBike__W0QQ_armrsZ1 If you find something you like, such as a LikeaBike Jumper, let me know via e-mail and I can knock 10% off the price for cash sales that are delivered to you in person at a race.
Thanks for reading.

No comments: