America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Sunday, July 04, 2010

The spell is broken

Recent career path changes have made it possible for me to ride whenever the fcuk I want. If you don't believe me just look at this week's volume: already 338 miles Mon thru Sat. The week before, I commuted to work for five days, logging 150 miles in my first week back from a four week drought of training. So far I'm pleased with my structural fitness relative to the time off. Today's 116 miler was completed with an average of 175 watts, in 6:15 for a relatively easy 18.5 mph average- I avoided putting myself into difficulty and did a proper endurance ride for a change, thanks to my buddy Eric who was with me, training for Ironman. His disciplined approach to riding 100 miles reigned me in and prevented an overuse injury, an incomplete workout and an early ride home for me. We rode side by side the whole time and chatted for hours about life- we hadn't seen eachother since 1989. Tomorrow I will rest but an active recovery ride with my boy Reis is not out of the question. Thanks.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: