America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Harlem or bust

I hear that Wells Ave is cancelled this weekend. That leaves me no choice but to throw my hat into the ring down in the Skyscraper Harlem Classic. 3-1/2 hour drive for a 40 minute crit? Yeah, why not? A stop at Copolla's Pizza in College Point will make it all worth it. Besides, my good friend and coach Todd Scheske has pre-registered in the Pro-Am Invitational, which features Fast Freddie and Tyler Hamilton (the only unattached guy on the list)! To be honest, watching the Pros race will be enough of a blast I think. I would probably drive down and back on Sunday. Who wants to go? This is serious. I have a Honda Odyssey that fits four ten speeds and four ten speed racers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should have gone to monson for the road race instead of driving all the way to harlem for a crit.

IMA said...

Wasn't Monson today?? How did it go for you?
Today is a rest day for me.
Hoping to smoke everone tomorrow at the Harlem Crit. Besides, my little sister lives down there in Brooklyn and I'm going to see her for the first time since our dad died. Oh, and Copolla's Pizza rocks. I first ate there when I was 6. Delicious nostalgia..
Oh! and I hate road races!