America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

531

Oh no! More data! Not really.. I just wanted to share the number of watts I can do for 60 seconds, out of the saddle. Yes- a one minute sprint interval. The effort totally wastes you for the next 10 minutes. I'm thinking it does some good for my ability to start a sprint from 4-500 meters out and hold speed all the way to the line. My goal is to do the 60 seconds at 200% of FT, or 570 watts. Keep in mind, I'm 77-78 kg, so it's all relative. I've only done these a few times, when the mood strikes, which isn't often. Last night I had to ride straight home, so I made the best of it- intensity wise- I also did a three mile interval a little before the one minute sprint. A Bob Beal simulation of sorts. My time was pathetic, but compatible with the conditions. What's this about there being NO POINTS for the TT portion of the Bob Beal Stage Race?? Did I read that right on the MCRA site?

1 comment:

solobreak said...

Try the one minute from a standing start. With a holder would be best, but whatever, maybe your slowest possible roll. Then you'll have some idea of what it's like to do the kilo. There are a few guys at the track with power measuring devices on their track bikes, but I don't know what they see for numbers. What I do know is standing starts are very hard. I am one of the slowest. The track is only 318 meters so we do one lap plus 46 meters before getting a split at two laps to go. I am always over 32 seconds. The fast guys are under 30 and I think someone went under 29.