America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Weekend that Sucked

Not only was there no racing this weekend, no training either! My bike remains dismantled in the back seat of my Hyundai, just as I left it after Friday morning's commute to work. I feel some pangs of guilt, but I'll get over it. Just a few more races left before I either buy a mountain bike, or repair my cross bike, probably both. One thing is certain, I need to keep commuting by bike through the winter and I need to order some thermal apparel for our team and I must change out those ridiculous moustache handlebars on the Redline. You might notice that I have started a poll. It's for amusement purposes and you only get one vote. Please don't mistake my humility for a lack of self-respect- and please refrain from using this as an opportunity to deliver a kick to the crotch.. but hey I guess that's what makes it funny, for some. My son Reis and I watched this movie today for the nth time and the character "Tank" never fails to make me laugh:

3 comments:

team sam said...

Murat

I want to be a cat 3. It did not happen for me this year. The rejection really took the wind out of my sails. If you think, for a minute, that you are a cat 3 rider, then I'm doomed to spend the rest of my cycling career as a lowly 4. Do me and yourself a favor, go see Lynn, buy a 29' mtb and discover how much fun it is to ride a bike. Get your head out of your ass. I fully expect to ride in the woods with you this Sunday!

IMA said...

I deserve less credit, although I do appreciate your kind words. Technically I'm a cat 3, because in the late 80s, there was no Category 5. In hindsight, turning 18 as a Cat 2 really blew me out of the water. I wasn't ready for the transition from junior races to Senior Cat 1/2/3 races. My best result as a first year senior was 7th place at the 1990 Cat 2/3 UB Classic. The same crit where Albert Raneiri (the world-class-road-racer-turned-bank-robber) rode his last race and crashed out while sprinting for a prime..
If I could afford to buy a good mountain bike, I'd already have one by now! I might need to go used.

team sam said...

Murat

You would be surprised how cheap you can get a rigid single speed or 1x9 29"mtb. Don't waste your time or $$ on a multi geared squishy bike. Just ask Scott S. Simple, cheap, rigid is where it's at, The woods are calling.

Team Sam