America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Sunday, May 16, 2010

It's time get crackalakin..

I have no training program and no list of "A" races, and so it's understandably hard to get motivated for training. The good things I have going for me are a solid base of fitness and 10 days of "rest" (no riding). How can I craft this opportunity into a successful June and July? Racing at Mystic today after 10 days off was not easy, but when is racing ever easy? Still it was encouraging to finish the crit strongly when it mattered. For what it's worth.. I was expecting to have great difficulty, but faith in myself is restored to some extent. The Pro race which followed the 35 race was too much for me- the loss of fitness seems to be primarily endurance- I was too fatigued to do more than 15 minutes of the pro race, but that was averaging some eye popping speeds for several consecutive laps. A lot of guys fell apart and quit. I'm optimistic about the many crits coming up this summer. The spring racing is officially over I think. It's a long season ahead of us.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: