America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ride No 4: Happiness is...

..forcing yourself to do the right thing, even when far more attractive alternatives tempt you. After watching "Air Force One" with my dad, it was ever so tempting to just veg in front of the tv or surf the blogs... but I was disappointed in today's weather and wimped out on a road ride.. so the only solution was to kick the pedals for an hour on the rollers.. It felt like a friggin eternity.. my shoes were on too tight, so I stopped for a sec to loosen em.. then my testicles went numb so I stopped a few more timed to adjust the equipment.. They still haven't descended, 1/2 hour later.. In the end I have myself a cheerful dispostion, less about a pound in water weight.. Which reminds me, I forgot to wipe up the puddle of sweat I left in the living room. Yes, intend to post every single Polar chart of every race and ride here, all season long. Well... let's see how long that lasts..

3 comments:

gewilli said...

heck - posting everyone - at least y'll have em all in one place!

IMA said...

The Polar charts? Yeah they're great.. I love looking back on charts from a couple years back and gauging where I stand in comparison. When I ride without my HRM, I feel like it's a lost cause.. too dependent on the dang thing. I don't use a power meter.. but I look at average speeds of typical rides and compare them with average heart rate.. I know, totally unreliable comparison, but it has a little bit of merit I think.

gewilli said...

nah not unreliable - esp with years of HR data and attention to that sort of stuff...

power's just gravy - really tasty gravy but when it comes down to it, as long as you eat your meat, potatoes and green veggies you'll get to the same place ;)