America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Ride No 8: Spin Class led by Cheryl Payne

Charts are boring. Rollers are boring. Wind trainers are boring. Writing about charts and rollers and wind trainers is boring. So the highlight of my week, my month, my 2007 thus far, was doing tonight's spin class at the Attleboro YMCA. (In the T.I. campus) Tonight there were only six of us, including Cheryl our drill sargeant. Music didn't suck either- the selections were very compatible with my tastes. There were 15 or so empty bikes to spare. Next Wednesday.. I'm there at 1900 hours, sharp.. for an ass-kicking like I haven't felt since the Jamestown Classic. Anyone else up for it? Bring your shoes, pedals, a wrench, and 5 bucks for Cheryl's superbly essential coaching. Helmets and shirts optional. All are welcome. Write me for more details. (reiscotools at y a h o o dot c o m) As you can see from this chart, my last few rides on the rollers have been real sleep-walks in comparison. Three consecutive days of indoor training means tomorrow is a rest day.

7 comments:

Il Bruce said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Il Bruce said...

Sorry bout that. My spelling was just too bad to let loose on the world.

Anyway. Say Hi to Cheryl next class. I miss seeing her at teh NBW ride. Great woman.

Cheers,

Bruce

Tarik Saleh said...

Murat,

What are you using to record and chart your heart/speed? A polar? Which one? Any thoughts? wished you bought something else? I have an ancient polar hrm/bike computer that is frustratingly susceptable to powerlines and not downloadable. I grow tired of 25-50 bucks a pop for batteries. So I am in the market. Maybe GPS/HRM or maybe HRM downloadable only or something.

IMA said...

Bruce- Will do. Expect to see her again Wednesday.

Tarik- I bought my S710i in 2003 and have been extremely happy with it. It records temp altitude, HR, speed, distance, calories, etc. I upload using a USB wireless interface. The Polar software is easy to use. I don't think my Polar is offered any more, but something has surely replaced it in the $300 range, plus $40 for the interface. I don't use power or cadence.. As for batteries, I buy mine on Ebay for a few bucks each and change them myself. Haven't had to change the one in the wireless wheel sensor yet, although it is the most prone to failing near power lines, train tracks and freezing weather. I highly recommend the Polar.. unless you want power output. THen there are better alternatives. The Polar power set-up is complicated and weak, IMHO. GPS on a bike? I think that's over the top.

gewilli said...

polar must be the bomb cause solobreak creams over his...

IMA said...

Polar makes a good product. I prefer to drool though- doesn't void the warranty.

Tarik Saleh said...

Thanks for the info. My interest in the GPS is not in the GPS ness of it, but that it acts as a bike computer on and offroad as well as for running, as well as altimeter.

So one box does it all as a computer and hr monitor for all bikes and runs, ski's etc.

I have to do some more research, though.

Keep on plugging.