America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Ride No 5: "You weakest of all the Sloan brothers..."

What flick is that from? Whatever, it's what my rollers were telling me for the incredibly boring hour I spent spinning on them today.. My team did a ride early this AM at Arcadia.. I skipped it because my bike needed some serious attention, plus we have a houseful of guests.. I must say the rollers felt really tight.. Storing them in the freezing cold garage seems to have gummed up the bearings.. that, and they're 17 or so years old.. McClains. Sometimes on of the cylinders shimmies. Today's "Hour of Un-Power" was made slightly more pleasant with the addition of my mp3 player. Best track? Jesus of Suburbia- Green Day. The wireless Polar was a disappointment though. Loss of signal because of the cold? Shit that's one of the reasons I like to use the rollers- I get to track distance.. The other reason being that you can't slack off on rollers, can't coast- or else you fall.. So riding the rollers is kind of like riding the fixed gear I suppose.. The realization that the light in the garage is controlled by a motion sensor scared me at one point. What if the light went out? I'd hit the deck for sure.. then the light would come back on.. Weight is holding steady at 176-1/2 pounds. If I'm under 170 by the time I go to San Diego on 2/21, I'll be very happy. Note that my weight at peak form in 2006 was 172.. and a year ago today I was over 180.. Heck at the first Wells of '06 I was over 180.

No comments: