America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ride No 6 & 7: Rolling on a River...

I can't feel my junk after 20 minutes.. My hands are numb after 40.. at which point, even if I touched myself neither my hand or my junk would know it.. That's what sucks about rollers. You are seated constantly. No standing, no stopping, no relief from the pressure on your crotch.. "This can't be good for me".. crosses my mind a lot.. as I watch television, listen to the mp3 player, fumble with the remote control and almost hit the deck a few times.. Towards the end when you're a bit tired, taking a swig of water can get dicey. How is it that I can see THROUGH my stem and the top of the front wheel, all the way down to the bottom portion of my front rim? Must have something to do with not being a cyclops.. Here're the charts. Hour a piece.

2 comments:

gewilli said...

i actually found that if i put the rear two supports on my mclains on a 1" board or so that junk numbness went down dramatically...

but hey...

if you like junk numbness numbnuts go for it ;)

solobreak said...

No, don't go for it. It's bad. At first I thought you were writing about riding in the cold. That's bad too.

Numbness usually means too much vibration. Are your rollers out of round? or your wheels?

My PVC rollers are out by a few mm's. Krietler will swap them for about 2 cents less than they'll sell me new rollers for. I'm thinking about getting them turned but I'm not sure how thick the PVC is.

I don't like the sitting for an hour either. In the good old days I had my rollers at work and could hop off and take a ride around the empty warehouse to stretch the legs every so often. Those were the best roller rides I ever did.