America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Out sick

Our little one has had a nasty cough for a few days, and last night my throat felt like I had swallowed crushed glass. This morning was even worse. I called in sick and went back to bed.. until 11:00. Ran a couple of errands and I'm about to leave the house for a ride because I know that increasing the rate of blood flow tends to speed up my recovery. Probably just mental.. going for a ride always makes me feel better. Question is, should I do the prescribed intervals? I'll play it by ear. If the legs don't want to go, then I'll give them another rest day. I expect to feel better tomorrow morning. I haven't had a cold since late winter, so I think I was due for one.. Better to get it behind me now than during all those crits which I've planned for the coming weeks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ride easy Murat. If you wear yourself down, the cold could be prolonged.

IMA said...

No such luck man.. Did 44 miles, 7 intervals that went like this:
30 seconds 200% FT, 3:00 FT, followed by a 30 second sprint all out.. 5 min recovery and repeat.
My throat being sore and swollen didn't help, but wasn't much of a factor. What's really noticable is that the body is fighting infection, and it takes the edge away. Might have worn myself down, but failing to train would have been a bigger downer mentally. The mental side of this battle to become a better racer is harde than the training.

Anonymous said...

I salute you. Excellent workout!

When I get sick, it wipes me out. Must be because I ruptured and had to remove my spleen at 10 years old. Now colds & flu hit me twice as hard as other people.

IMA said...

Thanks.. Took a rest day today though. No riding at all.. again. I tend to feel stale after a rest day. Go figure. We'll see how it goes at Ninigret tomorrow night.