America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Performance Management Chart

Here it is: The Holy Grail of Peaks WKO+ Software.
The pink line indicates ATL- Acute Training Load. This is the rolling average of TSS for the past 7 days. (default is 7 days- can be changed to a different duration)
The blue line is the CTL- Chronic Training Load. This is the rolling average of TSS for the past 42 days. (again- default setting is 42 days- can be user controlled too)
The golden bars represent TSB- Training Stress Balance. It is also referred to as "form". When ATL and CTL are down and criss crossing each other on the chart, notice that form goes up. When the golden bars are at their peak, those are good days to be competing in important races. From the look of my chart, I will pretty much serve as pack fodder at Chris Hinds this weekend.. or maybe I'll be a force to be dealt with- I'm unpredictable.. and I'm feeling fatigued right now and in theory I won't be ripping anyone's legs off until I have a solid week of restful active recovery behind me.. which won't be until the weekend of 4/19..
FYI, this chart is dated from the time I started training for 2008- November 18th 2007. Since that first day, I've done 2858 miles in 172 hours, and the Powertap odometer reads 6500 miles since I first used it on May 12th of 2007. That toal doesn't include any of the fixed gear or off roading I did earlier in the winter. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

solobreak said...

I think 14 or 21 days would be more appropriate for the ATL. You can train hard (above chronic average) for 7 days and still have good form, especially with one or two lighter days before the race. If you ATL was very high for 14-21 days, they you're probably pretty cooked.

JB said...

7 and 42 days are half lives, not rolling averages (that's why you still have a CTL even if you haven't ridden for 42 days).

IMA said...

I'm still learning as you can see!Thanks jb.