America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Thursday, May 21, 2009

No credit, no love from NYC

It’s disappointing that NYC race promoters can’t be bothered to post results to Bikereg or USA Cycling- and those that do, only list the paying places. Frankly, the effort required to finish a race often merits recognition, especially if you drove three hours to be there, or got dropped early and grinded it out solo to the finish line. This is a nuisance to teams such as mine where being listed in the results is a loosely enforced requirement for entry fee reimbursement. Where are my results from Prospect Park? Floyd Bennet Field? Cedar Creek Park? I guess I should salute Pioneer and the other timers in our area who go out of their way to make sure that every single finisher is accounted for. It’s better to be listed as a dead last finisher, than not at all. I’ve gone out of my way to finish what I start these past couple of years, and it isn’t ever easy, but it is always a buzz-kill to finish and receive no credit for it.   

No comments: