America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Sunday, June 21, 2009

It passes you by

And you think the curve is still going steeply upwards- it's not. It reverses course and sends you into the death spiral of form which follows peaking.. You know- those weeks when you always feel like you have two flat tires and begin to reflect on how unbeatable and fast you felt a few weeks ago. Sadly, if you knew at the time that you were peaking back then, your whole outlook, attitude and confidence would have been on a different level.
My volume is down in June, for a lot of reasons.. May was 1000+ miles though- with five consecutive 240 mile weeks. Friday afternoon I just had to go out and do a field test- a 20 mile loop of rolling hills. Personal best last year was 58 and change. This year I had yet to break 1:01. Friday's time was 58:30.
By the way- I broke the bb spindle of my ergomo while tightening a crank arm. I'm now using my new-to-me Bontrager Powertap set and I gotta say- it's quite stingy with the watts compared to the Ergomo.. But that's also partly due to weight loss.
Hope to throw it down tomorrow in Harlem.
Thanks for reading.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: