America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Wells Ave Re-cap for March 11 2007


Today's first edition of Wells Ave Criterium for 2007 went down perfectly for me, almost.. Firstly, we arrived on time and they were not combining the fields. Secondly, the weather was beautiful. High 40s when we parked, Low fifties by the time we were racing (Murat was one of very few who raced bare-legged, and he shed his gloves with 10 laps to go) Third, no crashes! (A few close calls though, like when one guys clobbered a small pylon and squeezed his brakes way too hard, and then there was the incident where I endangered everyone..) So the only bad thing about today's race (besides that I didn't win) is that around lap 10 (of 40), I took a quick drink and put my bottle in it's cage without looking down. Next thing you know it's on the pavement, skittering between the tires and wheels of everyone behind me. Color me embarrassed... Needless to say, I had no water for the rest of the crit, making me pretty parched towards the end (except for the one swig I took from Keiran Lynch's bottle) I blame it on the water that I didn't win or get a top three finish.. I think I had it in me. Just need more courage, more risk-taking at the end when things get dicey, and more water.
Murat's result: 9th (out of? 80-100?)

No comments: