America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Who rode to work this morning?

I did! I did! Bought a balaclava from Dick's last night- what a difference it makes to have complete coverage of the head and neck. Felt great to ride the new Redline 9-2-5 fixie in the 25 degree chill this morning. I'm beginning to enjoy and welcome the cold! Wet.. I'm not so sure about. Dick's had these extreme cold base layers by Under Armour and by Nike.. $60 each! Gaaaah! I was tempted, but then left it on the rack. Snow tonight? Glad I have my car here at work, in case I decide against riding home. If there's only flurries around 5:00 pm, I'm biking it home.
Those of you who do ride regularly in these frigid conditions.. does it make you feel like a bad ass? ..kind of like George Castanza in that "tough guy" episode of Seinfeld? Wondering if it's just me.. So cool to do what most others are completely unwilling and unable to do, I'm discovering..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, it just makes you look obsessed and silly.

IMA said...

It appears you're in California!, Mr anonymous..
Obsessed and silly is wearing leg and arm warmers when the temp dips below 65 degrees. Brrrrrrr!
All shitting aside, where's your sense of humour?