America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Monday, December 03, 2007

MRC Cross Race

Well if you were in Wrentham yesterday in the 21 degree absence of heat, you saw my dear wife and I freezing our tookas' off while promoting our line of LIKEaBIKE kid's bikes. To those who took an interest and stopped to chat, many thanks for giving us a break from teth chattering. For our part, we contributed two Frog Lights to the merchandise prizes, and the organizers were very accommodating to let us park in the area which was off limits to most. If not for a raw sore throat, I was seriously thinking about considering the possibility that I might want to try to possibly race.. Haha. Maybe next weekend at Goddard I'll show off my pitiful sloth like cyclocross inability.. We had three bloggers (CTodd, Solo and GeWilli) in the 35+ event yesterday and I felt like such a weenie for not counting myself among them. Recorded some video footage which I will share later.   

6 comments:

solobreak said...

Sorry that I did not find time to chat. After chatting with Bill, I had to go finish my warm up, which was sitting in the car with the heat cranked peeing in an old water bottle. Next time...

IMA said...

No worries boss. We greeted eachother as did GeWilli and I. Didn't see Bruce though (?) Maybe didn't recognize him..
..and you're fooling no one, you'll use that water bottle again.. Nice race.

JB said...

Friends of mine stopped by my house after the race, and the first thing they mentioned after how their races had gone was that somebody was there selling these kick-ass wooden bikes.

gewilli said...

bruce was hiding behind some big carhart... he's a bit tall fella

good to see ya if for a second...

the cold beer kept me from crossing the course during the big boys race to say hey more than in passing :(

IMA said...

Very cool, thanks JB.
Ge, I didn't know there was beer? I also didn't know that anyone in the world would WANT a beer in those conditions. Hot tea spiked with some crack seems more fitting for the occasion. Good seeing you out there.

IMA said...

FYI, we won't be promoting the bikes this weekend at Goddard. The promotor of one event objected to my request because the main sponsor for both days is a bike shop.. though I can't understand why he speaks for both events, when there's two different shops involved. Kudos to the MRC and Landry's for not making a big deal out of it and for letting us display the bikes.