America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Saturday plans... revised

So yes! I went out again, this time on the road bike.. Did 55 miles in 3 hours and 6 minutes.. Avg of 188 watts. Feels good to be home after that solo death march.. was getting dark toward the end. My route took me up north on the Cranston bike path to Park Ave to Elmwood to Post Road, which I then followed south all the way to route 102. Turned right on 102 and followed it all the way to 117 (that's a challenging stretch.. ouch) where I turned right again and took it to Fairview Ave.. Left and I'm almost home. I knew I needed to do a big loop or else run the risk of being a weenie and ending the ride early. Man I HATE the cold. It takes every atom of willpower I can muster to get out there on these cold days.. Though I must admit, today turned out to be pretty mild compared to my early morning attempt to ride, whn it was 24 degrees out.

2 comments:

leo said...

NICE!!

your commitment will pay dividends in the spring, brother! I'm hoping mine will too... my teammates are being seriously wussy and I hope that this changes soon as I'm on the verge of being an asshole at them. Any tips to calm me down and get them riding?


I'm not looking forward to 5 hour rides in early february, I can say that much.

Keep it supple (suplese!),

-Leo

Gulay said...

saranwrap....get yourself some Sealskinz socks....toasty