America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Cycle for Life Criterium Saturday

Jay Busse and I are pre-registered for the Cycle For Life Criterium at Ninigret Park. Looking forward to this event, and I especially like the start time of 3:15 pm. I must say I am annoyed that the Topsfield RR results are still not posted to USA Cycling. An e-mail to the promoter has gone unanswered. Not that I did that well (23rd in the P-1-2-3), but it was the first road race I did in a loooong time..
Killed a squirrel today on the bike path. Didn't want to look behind me, but had to see. Yup it was destroyed, in the throes of death all gryrating with convulsions. I hate when that happens. I usually "SSHHHH" them away, but this one came out of nowhere. I didn't stop. No need to stoke my guilt- I am given enough of that in my life, thanks.
This morning was cold! 44 degrees. I see that GeWilli braved the chill with nothing but arm warmers.. Me, I had a long sleeve base layer, arm warmers, leg warmers, toe covers, skull cap, and one glove... I salute myself for not wussing out and driving to work today. Tomorrow morning will be a bit warmer. Will probably go bombing around on the new cross bike on that great trail in River Point Park. (This is a satellite image- the trail runs all the way around the sports fields) Driving to a jobsite straight from home, so no commute is necessary.
I have five easy rides so far this week totaling almost 90 miles in three days. (for me, easy means riding tempo in the 53x19 with an average HR under 140) Saturday will no doubt be hard at Ninigret and I want to be fresh for those accelerations into the gale force winds which usually prevail.

No comments: