America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Monday, July 02, 2007

Content: Wells Ave Criterium July 1 2007





Real quick, just to beat Ge and SB with 1st post today (I win).. Wells Ave crit yesterday was a blast. Combined A/B field was pretty big and the speed was decent. Headwind on the finishing straight kept things together, with no moves gaining more than about 10-15 seconds. The racers who blog (bloggers who race?).. Solobreak and I were both very active on the front throughout. In fact, I don't think I ever drifted back past 10th wheel. At least that how it seemed.. Solo can turn on the power when he needs to! Got himself in a few moves which brought me to the front to help shut them down. With the two-place half way prime one lap away, I chided Thad Lavalee (whose face I hadn't seen at the front until that time) and said "C'mon Thad! It's time to uncork something!" I guess it kind of "turned his crank" to hear this because he took the half way prime pretty convincingly, with Kyle Gates and I fighting for 2nd. Kyle took 2nd from me pretty convincingly too actually, beating me by a bike length or more. But by this time, the field was about 10 seconds back. Cool. At the finish I wound it up a little early and almost died before the line, but it was good enough for a top ten.. Seventh I believe. Near the line, two riders came up along both sides of me, and both drifted towards me, completely taking away my momentum. I was shut down and couldn't sprint in between the buggers. Got some really good power numbers yesterday too, so I know I did some work. I was supposed to feel pretty tired yesterday after hill repeats on Saturday, but my body is getting better and better at adapting to the training load. So even though I could feel soreness, the power was there. FT is is up to 273 too. Progressing nicely.. Or as Coach Scheske puts it, "for the past eight weeks we've been winding up a spring... and when we release it you're gonna be really flying.."

I have some MOV video and a few pics which I'll post later. One features Solo and I in action- pretty cool. Seems he's the only other blogger who's racing these days! Where are the rest? Playing with their new iPhones?

No comments: