America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Friday, July 06, 2007

Yesterday: 90 minutes, 223 watts/75 kg = 3

Feeling a little down at work yesterday, I left the office at 5:00 with an ax to grind. Poured that energy into the bike and put out a respectable 90 minute average watts of 223. Thusly:
15 minutes warm-up at endurance/tempo, around 200 watts
25 minutes of FT intervals, 4 minutes at 275 watts, followed by 1 minute recovery
20 minutes strong tempo averaging 245 watts
30 minutes light tempo averaging 210 watts
Overall, 223 watts average, which is solid tempo zone 3 pace.
Since this ride did not have a proper warm-up and cool down, the overall watts/kg (223/75) turned out to be exactly 3, which is good for me on a 1-1/2 hour ride. Otherwise, this value averages down with the wu/cd. I want to race in Hartford tomorrow, but It will blow my recovery for New Britain on Sunday. I guess I need to decide whether I'm in it to have fun or in it to win.. Then the choice becomes obvious.

No comments: