America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Follow up

As I turn the events of last night over and over in my mind.. trying to figure out what went wrong.. I established that this must be how the soccer player who misses the goal by inches feels.. and you see the guy on his knees.. beating the ground.. his hands on his head in disbelief..
Today I didn't feel much better. I woke at 5:30 per usual.. unaided.. from hunger. Ate my daily bowl of Raisin Bran.. thought about riding early.. fed my fish and went back to bed for three hours. Got up again at 10:30.. suited up and hit the road for 2-1/2 hours of endurance pace, zone 2, with about an hour of tempo zone 3 in the middle. That first hour took an eternity.. I couldn't get the energy up, couldn't get warmed up.. Stopped by the side of the road to do some stretching before doing tempo.. Finally started to feel like myself after about 20 minutes at 225 watts. Had to stop after 30 minutes to have a Coke and buy some water and Skittles (best stuff for quick energy, if you have the stomach for it). Finished up another 1/2 hour of tempo and ended up at work, where my car is parked.. Drove home (anticipating rain tomorrow- probably have to drive in).. So overall 2:16 at 193 average watts. Felt pretty good afterwards.

No comments: