America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Gorilla math, child's logic:


Each passing day should be warmer and warmer than the last, at this time of year.. but instead we are seeing a complete reversal.. It was in the sixties, in San Diego, in February! Why do I live here??..
So instead of a nice hike in the woods, Murat stocked his new IKEA wardrobe (it's huge), fixed some electrical problems in the kitchen (after an hour of mapping, turned out to be a loose wire), and then went for a ride in the freezing cold. One thing I noticed: legs are completely kaput.. telling me I worked harder than I thought yesterday at Chris Hinds.. The moral of the story is that I'm glad I skipped Wells today (did they even race?). It's time to heal, not sprint for primes up in Newton. So I took a typical route into the wind and uphill, gently of course, and only gunned it for about four 15 second burts, all downhill. I am a big fan of conditioning myself to be so used to drilling it at 35 mph, that it becomes second nature, instinctive. One realization: I need to train with others, more often. This solo training regimen of mine is getting old. Need to be with riders who put me to the test, make me cry, drop me at will. I'm finding that training solo all the time can be a big disadvantage. Where the F are all the RI racers? Used to go with the Arc-en-Ciel boys once a week. That ended when they booted me from their Yahoo group. I expressed hesitance in joining their team, and that was it. Booted. How welcome would I feel riding with them again? If for no other reason, I'd do it to hang out with brother Jonathon, but the rest of that team can go pound salt... A couple of those boys hooked me pretty carelessly and without remorse yesterday. Picture me unloading the really bad Turkish swear words under my labored breathing.. Anywho.. Just discovered a pretty cool tool available via Velonews:
Map My Ride The system gives you the mileage, allows you to save the maps for others to view and share.. Seems like something I can get into. Here's the map of today's ride:

No comments: