America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Murat Needs a break from New England!

Looks like I'll be racing "back home" on April 21st.. The GVCC Classic Road Race is in my cross hairs. Murat knows the roads in Bloomfield, New York and has many old friends in the Rochester area.. Todd Scheske, Derek Larson, Jon Wirsing and I all started out as juniors back in the late 80s. I was president of the Gensee Valley Cycling Club in 1989. Todd's been the president for the past many years.. Here's a shortlist of my many racing friends out West, at least the ones who still race:
Todd Scheske Derek Larson Scott Hollenbeck
Ken Wright Chris Tirone Jon Wirsing
Mike McKnight Don Vescio Mike Beaudrie
Lots of great memories racing every Thursday night at the old Victor, Mendon, Webster and Chili race courses we had set up back then, each about 8-10 miles around.. all gone in favor of newer, harder, and safer venues.. The GVCC has come a long way since then.. and I owe a lot to those who helped me learn how to race a bike.

No comments: