America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Friday, June 22, 2007

The Last Word

It's official, I'm not going to Rochester for the Twilight Crit tomorrow. Instead I will be at the NBX Bikes Ninigret Criterium and at the Cox Classic Criterium for the 35+ (and maybe the Pro-1-2 if I feel like pointlessly thrashing myself for two extra hours, and paying $45 for the priviliege) I'm actually scheduled to have a light endurance day tomorrow, but with Coach Scheske up to his ears in Twilight Crit preparations and management, I may have to just take exception to The Plan and do the Ninigret race. If I can get a top ten in Wednesday's training crit, can I repeat it on Saturday? That's the thing about confidence.. You can't "train" it into a person. You can only build it with results..success breeds success.. and it's a lot like the "experience" catch 22 faced by young people trying to enter the work force. "How can I gain experience if no one will hire me?" "Who will hire me if I don't have any experience?"
'Tis my biggest challenge right now.. Body: stronger. Belief in myself: weak. (but improving)
Good luck to everyone racing this weekend. 

No comments: