America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Monday, June 25, 2007

Murat advances

Looky-look! Murat populates 6th place in the Rhode Island Masters Criterium Rankings. Kind of unexpected, considering I've not won anything or even cracked top ten.. I guess consistency is the key... Finishing around 20th over and over and over again gives you nice low point scores (lower is better) Please allow this anonymous mid-pack finisher to indulge in something remotely satisfying. <Haaaaa>.. On that note, some shout-outs and salutations.. I must say I'm impressed with Ted Shanstrom this season. Seems to be firing on all cylinders lately and ranked highly as a result- shooting from 10th to 4th recently. Nice results in two Cox Criteriums yesterday too.. Christopher Dale! You dropped to 7th but with your 8th place at the NBX Criterium you might average back down (up) to 6th again. Regrettably, your 2006 Cox and Casters Crit results are off the 12 month radar (which helped me) and your 2007 Cox result wasn't as good as '06. Gary Aspnes! Here's a shout out to the guy who almost caught me from a minute back at the Bob Beal TT.. I dropped out of the NBX Crit (not long after my four lap suicide break at the start) and watched you grind it out solo for those last few laps.. Believe me I was rooting for you, even if it meant that you would overtake me in RI standings.. You deserved 6th place and almost had it. Damn that would have been beautiful. But you beat me at Cox yesterday by 8 places, so you'll average down to about 270-275 I figure.. Remember Cox has a race value of 100, and it's 125-500 for Masters (not the typical 175-500) As for me, I may average down to something in the high 260s.. I'll take it. When winning isn't exactly within reach yet, you have to take what you can get and use it like jet fuel. Why the hell not?

No comments: