America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

America's #1 Balance Bike Destination
America's #1 Balance Bike Destination

Friday, June 29, 2007

Weekend plans.. Socks.. Sweatbands..

So tomorrow is a rest day.. active recovery ride to work.. Saturday more hill repeats in zone 5a, just like the other day.. Sunday Wells Ave, where I doubt I'll have a lot of acceleration after hill repeats on Sat.. But my fi-zi-que is weird. Sometimes I seem to feel great after a hard day.. Today was not one of those days though.. I had to do six intervals, four minutes each at FT, separated by only one minute of recovery. Tonight the legs feel like they were pelted with a bunch of fast balls in a batting cage.. Another hot day didn't help, but I did as I was directed to do.. Seems my hopes of a low "penalty score" from the Cox Crit are dashed. For whatever reason, they used 200 as the minimum points (last year it was 125) so I ended up with a 306, which didn't help me to average down. New Britain is the event where I intend to really make my mark. Fire in the belly for that race.. and two consecutive shots at it too: 30+ and 35+. Should I do the Pro event as I did at Nutmeg? Maybe. The left hand is still numb from Nutmeg. The "third testicle" thing is all but gone though. Thank you A&D Ointment!
A word on cycling socks: Don't be a weenie and pay $10 per pair. Ever. Go to TJ Maxx or Marshalls and you will find three packs of top quality socks which are compatible with bike racing, for about $6. I have a load of New Balance socks (you'll notice my cuffs are always red) which I bought in 2005, and I have yet to rip a hole in one of them. That's good advice. Take it. It's free. And buy yourself some sweatbands for your wrist while you're there. The Pony ones sell for $1.99 a pair. Dab at your nose with a sweat band and be a gentleman. Blowing snots all over everyone behind you is so... "whatever". Avril Levigne can't dance.. but somehow I can easily look past that and let her be my girlfriend.

No comments: